Monday, February 23, 2009

From the weekend:

Saturday, it was wet & it was cold, and we did a ccw class. The question I have is with all the new people getting into CCW., why do gun dealers insist on selling the newbies especially women "J " frame hammerless airweights? My one student was in pain after 2 shots, & would have not made it through the class with the gun she was sold. I put a couple of rounds through it & my thumb joint still felt the ache on Sunday.

Sunday morning hit the gun show, & I'm still suffering sticker shock! Lord the prices on even used guns was surprising. Of course ammo was still outrageous, & new hi cap pistols & black rifles were up there. I was a bit tempted on BHP with an alloy frame, & a 1917 Colt 45 ACP but passed them up. Maybe it's time to thin the herd with prices where they are. I have at least one Kimber,a couple of HP's & at least one AR just taking up space in the safe.

In the afternoon another Instructor brought his class over for the required rangetime, & although dry it was colder than Saturday, but all of them shoot extremely well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was that you I saw in the Dispatch on (Monday?)

The Duck said...

Yes it was

Anonymous said...

Good on ya!

Would love to come up when its time to re-take my state-mandated training.

The Duck said...

We will be here, it's just about 4 hours long, we were the first in Ohio to offer it, a lot of Instructors I've talked to are requiring students take the 12 hour course over.