Thursday, February 10, 2011

Glock

Has replaced the AK as choice weapon of Active Shooters

Chief Deputy Dave Gladieux/Allen Co. Sheriff's Department: " How many rounds are needed to assure personal protection. Is it six rounds, is it ten rounds, is it 32 rounds? If it's 32 rounds, you're having a bad day. I don't see a need for civilians to be carrying 32 round magazines."

Well Deputy, if I only need one or 2 I'm likely having a bad day, I hope to live a full life and never "need" any.

If we are going to limit civilans to 6 or 10 rounds why not limit LE to the same?

2 comments:

kahr40 said...

I agree. If I can get by with 6 or 10 rounds so can law enforcement. After all, they are civilians too.

Anonymous said...

Well Chief, unless you are on active duty in the Armed Forces of the United States, you are a "civilian" too, so I guess you and your officers don't need multiple rounds either?

I am sick and tired of LEOs using the word "civilians" when they mean "citizens" - this military mindset is part of what is driving the "us' and "them" mindset in law enforcement.